Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another week gone (almost)

Well, another week is almost over. It's back to "real" life and teaching. The students are driving me nuts. In what universe do parents NOT take away a cell phone because their daughter got a "C" average! AND, that's because she got an "A" in one subject and an "F" in another. Another of my students was thrilled when he opened HIS report card. He was down to only TWO "Fs" and said his mom would be so happy. Now, these are the "low" kids. But really, give me a break! Their work is so dumbed down it's amazing. Only one of these 21 students has an IEP, and it's in math - NOT in reading/language arts. The rest just stymie the 8th grade team. They are sweet kids. No behavior problems. But they are just apathetic. I have three students who really try. the other 18 are there for socializing and nothing else. Oh well, 1/2 the year down... I think I can, I think I can.......

1 comment:

Paulie said...

Kind of sad to think these will be our leaders one day. . .